The Initiative’s advocates are available during the week to assist and support you. We do not have a shelter, but we can connect you with shelters and safe houses in your area.
If this is your first time calling us, one of our advocates will go through our intake form with you, which takes 15-30 minutes. After the intake is completed, an advocate will follow up with you within 24 hours. If you do not need services but are looking for information, you can contact our helplines without going through an intake for resources and referrals to other organizations.
• Safety planning for an individual who is living with their abuser, safety planning for when the individual has left the abuser, and safety planning for long term safety.
• Address Confidentiality Program assistance
• Relocation to safety planning
• Domestic violence education and warning signs
• Affordable housing support and referrals
• Limited transportation financial assistance
• Coordination of resources to meet the basic needs
• Personalized Action Plan Folder with community resources and guide the survivors to learn how to self-advocate
• Peer advocacy to work with survivor’s lawyers, renters, therapists, etc.
• Assistance with paperwork for government assistance for basic needs
Criminal Justice System Support
• Court accompaniment for a custody hearing, divorce, protection orders etc.
• Assistance and accompaniment to file a police report
• Information about Victims Rights Acts and Victim Compensation
• Assistance with filling victim compensation
Recovery and Healing
• Self-care counseling
• Support Groups
• Referral to trusted counseling groups that takes Medicaid and holistic healers
• Healing through Activism